2 Tbsp peanut oil
1 Onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic
1 cup basmati rice (brown or regular)
Big Handful green beans
1 red pepper, sliced
1 red chilli
1-2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp honey
Handful toasted cashew nuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and sauté the diced onion.
- Grate the ginger and garlic and add to the translucent onions.
- In a oven proof dish, put the broccoli, broken down in to florets and the sliced red pepper with a little drizzle of oil and let it roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the package instructions minus 2-3 minutes in a separate saucepan.
- Add the green beans, chilli, and carrots to the onions and sauté for a few minutes, I like mine with some crunch left in it.
- Add the soy sauce and honey, then add the cooked and drained rice.
- Push the rice and veg to the side and break in the two eggs and scramble.
- Stir well and serve with a sprinkling of cashew nuts on top.
Serve as a main or as a side dish.
As a main this will serve 4 people generously.