This is a recipe we often make on the braai, and usually as a side dish. It has, however, become one of my favourite meat-free lunch/dinner options. It is quick, easy, tasty and balanced.
INGREDIENTS (For 4 mushrooms)
- 4 x large Portobello Mushroom
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil Handful Spinach
- 2 Tablespoons basil pesto
- ½ onion, diced
- 5 peppadews, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon green chilli (according to preference, may omit)
- 2 Feta wheels
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½ Avocado
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C
- Place the mushrooms in an oven-proof dish, with the stems up and sprinkle each with avocado oil just to moisten
- Place in oven for 10 minutes.
- In the mean time, mix together the rest of the ingredients (except the avocado) in a bowl
- After the 10minutes, use a tablespoon to fill each with the ingredients
- Place back in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes
- Remove and serve hot, with a few slices of avocado on top.