A friend of mine shared Jessica Sepel's Protein Ball Recipe last week, and the balls looked delicious. So I put a spin on the recipe and came up with a KLD eat clean version... I hope you like it! These balls are a great sweet treat after dinner or a late-afternoon 'pick me up' snack!
- 5 tbsp organic whey protein powder
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1tsp sunflower seeds
- 1 handful raw walnuts
- 2 tbsp organic nut butter (I used peanut butter, but you can use almond butter as well)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (key ingredient!)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 5 Mejool dates
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- Blend all the ingredients in a food processed - EXCEPT 1 tbsp whey and the coconut (I used my nutribullet).
- Pour the 1/2 cup of coconut onto a plastic board (like you would with flour in the old days).
- Blend the mixture until smooth, then add the last tbsp of whey - stir this in with a spoon.
- Scrape the mixture out onto the plastic board and make small balls, by rolling them in the coconut and between your palms (like I said, it will get very messy!)
- Place the balls in a tupperware and freeze them until you need them.
- Allow them to defrost before enjoying them with a warm cup of tea!