1 Cauliflower head, cut into florets
1 can chickpeas
4 garlic cloves, whole
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 white sweet potato, peeled and diced
4 cups vegetable stock
0.5 cup water
1tsp died thyme
1 cup full cream milk
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C
- Toss the cauliflower florets, chickpeas and garlic with 2 Tbsp olive oil, the paprika and cumin in a large roasting tray.
- Roast for about 30-40minutes, until cauliflower is tender.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, heat remaining olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté the sweet potato for a few minutes before adding the water and stock. Allow to simmer for about 30minutes until the sweet potato is very tender.
- Add the thyme and milk to the saucepan as well as the roasting tray content- reserve 1 cauliflower floret and a few chickpeas for presentation.
- Puree the soup using a stick blender or liquidizer and reheat in saucepan if necessary. You may add a bit more water or milk to achieve desired consistency.
- Dish soup in bowls and top with a dusting of paprika, a few slices of cauliflower and a few chickpeas.