Last night it was chilly so I felt like a warm baked potato! I decided to keep it meat free and this was what I created! It was a hit with my meat-loving husband as well!
- 15 kalamata olives, piped and chopped
- 5 sundried tomatoes chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- Half a punnet of button mushrooms, chopped up small
- Half a punnet of cherry tomatoes chopped up small
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- 1 tsp basil pesto (you could use Mrs. Ball’s here if you didn’t have pesto)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Half a cup of corn kernels
- Basil leaves
- Parmesan shavings
- 2 normal potatoes or one large sweet potato (which you can share between the 2 of you)
- Place the potatoes in the microwave and then in the oven and bake them – if you have time, just use the oven.
- Be careful to only use 1 tsp. of olive oil, as the olives, pesto and sundried tomatoes are all quite oily. This will control the calories!
- Add your olive oil to a pan and sizzle up the onions, mushrooms and garlic.
- Then add the olives, sundried tomatoes and the cherry tomatoes – cook it all up until is soft.
- Add the corn kernels and the dash of pesto!
- Let it all sizzle together for a while then take it off the heat and let it stand until your potatoes are ready
- Take the cooked potatoes out of the oven, cut them in half and add the mixture on top of the potato.
- Brake up your basil leaves and finish with some Parmesan!