1 box of Oat Bran
½ cup Jungle Oats
Pinch of salt
1⁄4 cup raw honey
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
125ml Full cream milk
125ml Hot water
70ml coconut oil
1⁄2 cup Flaked almonds
1⁄2 cup walnuts
1 cup chopped Medjool dates
- Add all dry ingredients to a bowl and mix – including the nuts
- Chops the dates and place in a bowl, add the bicarbonate of soda and hot water, allow to stand.
- In a large measuring jug (500ml or larger) beat the eggs.
- Add enough milk to the eggs so the total volume of the liquids is 500ml.
- Add the oil to this mixture and stir well
- Now add the liquids to the dry ingredients and mix well, If the mixture is too wet add a little more Jungle Oats.
- Measure out the honey and then heat it for 5-10 seconds so that it becomes runny – mix this into the mixture at the end
- Spoon the batter into a well-greased muffin tins – it will make about 12 large muffins or 24 small muffin tins.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until the muffins are cooked through – test using a blunt knife, small muffins 15-20 minutes