One of the best things about summer is the delicious fruit that is in season!
For those needing a bit of inspiration, this has got to be one of my favourite salads YET – mostly because of the fragrance, colour and texture. It’s light, and best served COLD.
INGREDIENTS100g whole-wheat cous-cous (or quinoa for added fiber and protein)
2 Tablespoons Cashew nuts, lightly toasted (or any nuts of your choice)
1 Large dessert peach, diced ½ mango, diced
Handful of mint Handful of baby spinach
- Start off by making the cous-cous according to package instructions. Allow to cool.
- Toast the cashews lightly on the stove (optional), and allow to cool
- Assemble the salad, starting with the peach and mango (diced)
- Add in the mint, baby spinach leaves and rocket
- Grate lemon skin on top, and squeeze a bit over the salad
- Add pomegranates