- Happiness and attitude are both a choice.
- Fad diets will come and they will go, they will work for some and they will annoy others. Find ‘a way of eating’ that works for you – something that you can sustain and enjoy.
- Life is not easy, but tough times show you who ‘your people’ are. Cherish those people – they will be in your life forever.
- Looking after your health takes a LOT of effort. If you make the effort, you will reap the rewards. Start now, this minute – not tomorrow or on Monday.
- Read blogs, books and articles on health and well being. Reading healthy information daily helps you stay motivated and keeps your ideas fresh – preventing boredom.
- Your wedding day really is one of the BEST days of your life – do not believe people who say it’s a waste of time or money. The love you feel on that day will change you forever.
- Getting out into nature makes your feel better. Walking has allowed me to clear my mind, breathe and order my thoughts when times got challenging.
- Anxiety is a real life problem for most of us. Mediation helps – even if it is just 20 minutes of sitting quietly with my eyes closed. Make the time. We all only have 24 hours in a day.
- A good breakfast makes the whole day healthier. Breakfast sets a precedent for what your body desires… makes it desire healthier, whole foods.
- Stretching your body definitely releases toxins and stress. My choice of stretching is through yoga, but pilates, gym, home stretches – they all do the trick.
- Make sure you have ‘alone time’ everyday. Be with your thoughts. It helps you get closer to who you really are and what you really want in this life.
- Try and eat as many green things as you can – green foods are healing foods.
- List what you want out of life. So many of us go through the motions of life without having any goals. Achieving small goals boosts your self-esteem and happiness levels.
- Pets and children make our problems seem a lot more bearable.
- Self-love is the answer to living a healthier and more fulfilled life. Practice small acts of self-love daily.
4 THOUGHTS ON “15 Lessons I Learnt In 2014”